1. Discounting is our primary closing strategy
2. All sales and marketing related promotional materials are feature / benefit focused.
3. Every sales presentation starts and ends with the company plaque in the lobby promoting the company’s on-going commitment to quality, service and support.
4. Forecast updates only require moving out the projected close dates.
5. New account business is on everyone’s goal sheet but we are not closing any new accounts.
6. Sales expense is the only number above plan.
7. Everyone in sales works a 40 hr. week as an account manager.
8. Reps say the sales cycle is getting longer due to all the new technology they have to explain first.
9. The names change on the forecast but the bottom line numbers don’t.
10. The only turnover in sales is with existing accounts.